Wednesday 3 November 2010

End Year Resolution and Photography

It's been a while *hangs head in shame* but I've made an end-year resolution to be better organised. The main problems I had were time and over-ambition. I don't have enough time in the evenings to research, compose and post as well as wind-down, crochet and occasionally cook! But I realised that I don't have to do it all in one evening.
I've downloaded the Blog Booster app for my iPhone so I can make drafts anywhere. I can research items one night and post them another. So hopefully I will be able to post more regularly in the future.

Speaking of apps... I've been getting back into photography recently thanks to my new iPhone and two fantastic apps.

Hipstamatic is a brilliant camera app where you can choose different lenses, films and flashes to produce some amazing retro shots.


Like these ...


The other app I've been using a lot is Instagram. It's a social networking site using photographs instead of statuses. A bit like twitter for photos I guess. It's free too!
With Instagram you take a photo or choose one from the camera roll and crop it square with the ability to zoom in as well. You then have the option of sharing it as is, or choosing a filter to overlay it. Depending on the filter you choose, the effects can be quite dramatic.

Here's a picture of the sky behind my flat.



And here's the same photograph with the 'Gotham' filter over it.



All the photos go into your feed, which other users can follow. You can follow users, 'like' photos and comment on photos. Popular shots go onto the 'popular' pages. There are some amazing photographs out there!

Here are a few of mine.BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop




This was taken on my way to work one morning. It's in Mistley.

This bee was on the wall of my office one day when I cam back from lunch. I managed to get pretty close to it and then enlarged it using Instagram when I posted it.

I took this one morning while walking the dogs. It's a school fence round the corner from me.


This map is on my desk at work. I got it from a charity shop.


Aloe Vera on my kitchen windowsill.

So, I hope you like them. If you want to follow me on Instagram my userame is Badschnoodles there too!
:)

2 comments:

  1. I love hipstamatic too, these are great pics. Will have to look into the blog booster app!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do have a talent to photography and detachment of separate needed elements. I wouldn't even try to use such colors, but you are a risky girl, and, you know, it works.
    Felix Black

    ReplyDelete