Gosh, I am completely shamefaced by how long it has been since I have updated. I have lots of draft posts but none of them have made it here.
There's a couple of things that I've been working on.
This is a shawl I made from sirdar just soya dk. It's the Aphrodite Shawl pattern. It took me about two weeks to finish it.
It's the first time I've tried pineapples. I love the way they look but always thought they'd be really complicated. It was actually quite an easy pattern to follow.That's the beauty of crochet for me - it's all stitch by stitch, row by row so as long as the pattern is clearly written you can follow it and create something beautiful!
The other thing I've been making on and off for the last couple of months is two pairs of day gloves for my friend's bridesmaids.The original pattern was from The Art of Crochet (issue 23 I think.) I just happened to see it when I was thinking about patterns for the gloves and it turned out to be exactly what my friend was after. The pattern came up really small so I had to increase the number of stitches and use a larger hook than stated. I also increased the size of the fingers individually.
Basically the process was that I made one glove and sent it to my friend. I then worked on other things while she tried it on the bridesmaids and sent it back for editing. I was really pleased with how they turned out. And apparently they got a lot of compliments on the day, which is always nice! ;)
At the moment I am working on a new fingerless glove design. I've made several pairs and I think they are nearly ready... I am also looking at baby patterns on Ravelry because another friend just had a baby girl!