Saturday 17 August 2013

Snail Mail

So, in the last post I mentioned having joined The League of Extraordinary Pen Pals.  I am also a member of International Geek Girls Pen Pal Club, Postal Society and the Letter Writers Alliance.  I've rekindled my love of letters and sending and receiving snail mail!

I wanted to share a few pictures of some of the mail I have sent and received over the past few months.


This is three letters that I sent out in July and this was the first time I had really used washi tape to decorate envelopes, so I kept it pretty simple.


This was all the mail I received in the last week of June - a lot of postcards from LEP members and a few letters.  I used a map of Braavos from the Lands of Ice and Fire collection of maps as the background because I thought it looked really good. (If you're a map geek and love A Song of Ice and Fire you should check it out!)





 These are some postcards I sent out at the start of July.  The patterned ones are from Alice Apple on Etsy and are exactly the kind of patterns I love.  The owl card is Paperchase and the two Art postcards are from Willowing.  I absolutely adore them - I even put three of them in a frame and ordered another set a couple of weeks later.   I'm planning on buying a bigger print as well.









These are all envelopes that I made.  The top set are made from scans of the Leonard Cohen 2013 tour book, which is amazing (much like the show was.)  The others are made from different sizes of craft paper.  In all the cases I made templates from cardboard and drew round them.  It's a fairly addictive pastime.



This is one of the Leonard Cohen envelopes ready to send.


And this is one of the other envelopes ready to post.

I don't always remember to photograph my incoming and outgoing mail, but I'm going to try and be better at it. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment