Friday 2 November 2012

A few things that I have made this year

So, it seems that I am as rubbish as ever at keeping this up to date. I guess blogging just isn't really my thing. I used to write in a journal almost every day and since I stopped doing that I think that I've just got out of the habit.
I have made a few bits and bobs this year that I wanted to show. This isn't everything, of course, but just some of the things that I'm most pleased with, or are the most unusual.

Firstly, this is a Chanson en Crochet capelet (pattern available free on Ravelry)
I found the pattern a little tricky because of the errata, which are freely available, but flicking back and forth between the two was challenging. It's made with about half a 400g cone of aran acrylic. I added an extra row before the border, which in retrospect I didn't need. I made another one in mint green acrylic for a friend but I can't find a photo of that one.

Next up is a teal Coral Capelet from Edie Eckman's book. I found this really difficult, but mainly because I didn't read the pattern properly! It's made from a teal/petrol smoothie acrylic.

I also made myself a hat and mittens set based on Wonder Woman's costume! I'm really pleased with these. They're made from acrylic dk.

Next up is a cowl I made from bamboo/cotton mix dk. It's not as long as I'd like as I only had one skein of it, but I'm pleased with the way the stitch pattern turned out.

Chris asked me to make him some gloves like CM Punk's. I think they turned out okay. I used surface crochet for the crosses, which is a technique I've not tried before, but I followed a tutorial online. (I can't remember where I found it, just google)
Last is a red hooded cape that I have been working on for months and months! I finally finished it on halloween, which is quite apt although it's not actually intended as a costume! I couldn't find a pattern that was exactly what I was looking for so I ended up just making it up as I went along, which involved an awful lot of frogging! I think in the end I started it seven or eight times, got halfway through and then pulled it back. I put it down for a few months and then went back to it. It's made with 400g of aran acrylic with literally nothing left over. I even had to redo the last row in a tighter tension to have enough yarn to finish it! I am really happy with it, though. In the last picture the part of the wolf is played by Colin.;D

No comments:

Post a Comment